Asha Ahmed Farah
||: Research Scientist
- 2020 DEC to date
: Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) - Assistant Research Officer
- 2020- to date
: Partnerships and resource Mobilization Officer
- Development of partnerships tools and protocols
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Coordination and implementation of various projects.
- Development of proposals for interventions and funding.
- Collaboration and partnerships with partners such as ICRAF, TSBF, Wye College (Britain) in
- research and poverty alienation.
: Environmental Studies- Community Development,Kenyatta University
: Nairobi Muslim Academy
: Sunshine Primary
- Socio-economic studies related to indigenous use and distribution of various forest products
- Forestry extension/information dissemination and training: This includes practical community
training on propagation of bamboo, Melia volkensii and other tree species
- Participatory Forest management research
- Use of SPSS for data analysis
- Establishment and management of research trials
- Jan to Feb 2020 : Senior
Management Course (Kenya School of Government, Kabete)
- November 2014 : Performance
Management Training organized by KEFRI and Career Route
- September 2014 : Training
workshop for professionals on Rapid carbon Stock appraisal organized by African Forest Forum (AFF),
KEFRI, Kitui, Kenya.
- June 2013 : Breeding Theory
- May 2013 : Resource Use
Conflict Management Course, CETRAD, Nanyuki, Kenya
- April to June 2012 : Training
on Bamboo Propagation, utilization and management, China.
- Mar 2012 : Training on
Marketing Analysis and Market Development Supported by Miti Mingi Maisha Bora Programme,
- Feb 2012 : Extension material
Preparation, Muguga, Nairobi.
- Sept 2009 : International
Forestry Resources and Institutions Regional Training, Muguga, Kenya.
- Dec. 2002 : Plant improvement
(grafting) held at Kibwezi, Kenya.
- Nov-Dec. 2000 : Use of Photo
shop and Page maker for Publication organized by Winrock International held at Kitui KEFRI Centre,
- Aug.–Oct. 2000 : Joint
training course on social forestry in Japan organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Sept. 2000 : Basic computer
training course (Microsoft windows and Microsoft office) organized by Tsukuba International Academy in
Conjunction with JICA, Japan.
- July 1999 : Computer training
Course on Microsoft word 97, Microsoft Excel 97 and Windows 98 Disk operating System.
- Feb. 1998 : Socio-economic
survey training held at Kitui Regional research Centre.
- July 1997 : Training of
Trainers course conducted by Kenya/Japan Social Forestry Training Project, Muguga, Kenya.
- Feb. - Mar 1997 : First
regional refresher course for Alumni of IAC-International course on the design of community forestry
held at Muguga, Kenya.
- 17- 27 Nov. 1996 : Training
workshop on how to grow and use Azadirachta indica (A. Juss) held at ICIPE’s Mbita point field station